℘ Life Update Time ℘

Hello friends! So yes I survived my first surgery!

Everyone at the hospital treated me really well. We were literally chatting until they put me to sleep HAHA. And when I woke, it felt like no time had passed. I felt fine.. maybe not.

Once I started moving, I felt the sudden urge to puke. And the nurse who saw me being naughty, came running to me with the vomit bowl. I think I remember a doctor ordering Maxolon (a medication to stop the vomiting) for me, but the nurse didn’t want to give it to me just yet. She wanted to wait and see for the next 15 minutes.

Upon hearing that, I tried to drift back to sleep so that I won’t vomit again. Unfortunately, when I woke up again, I started vomiting again. My vomit was bile mixed with blood. And this time, I kept going. Vomit bowls one after another. After puking about 5 times, I drifted back to la la land.

The next time I woke, the nurse came up to me and asked me if I was feeling any better. I nodded my head and they called up the ward to inform them that I would be going back soon. After removing everything on my body – the electrocardiogram leads, blood pressure cuff and oxygenation monitor, they wheeled me back to the ward.

Back in the ward, I puked another 2 times. And felt completely terrible until midnight came. I couldn’t stand sitting up straight for more than 5 minutes because I would get very dizzy and nauseated. So for the most part of my hospital stay, I was basically a pig (from where I come from, this refers to a human sleeping all the time as a joke) HAHA.

Sadly, that wasn’t the worst part of it all. The doctor came to visit me and told me that they successfully freed my malleus, but there was another bony spur attached to either my incus or stapes which is super risky to remove because of its close proximity to my ear drum or cochlea I presume. She said that it could cause permanent hearing loss if anything goes wrong, so she wanted my opinion on it.

Well, upon hearing that, I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t upset. I really didn’t want to go through another surgery for it, but I understood where she was coming from.

Another problem that surfaced was that when the surgeon was drilling, they found that the tissue between my brain and my ear canal was really thin (apparently there was a hole?), so they had to patch it up.

Okay so, thinking that I wouldn’t get dizzy again was naive of me. Because as I was waiting to remove my bandages at the clinic, I was really uncomfortable. Even after I had my bandages removed, I had this weird sensation, but I just brushed it off as the doctor said that it could be due to the tight bandages kept around my head for nearly 24 hours.

At home, I thought that I would feel better, but I just went straight to bed. My mom woke me up for dinner but I only managed to sit down for about 5 minutes before my world started spinning so I had to go back upstairs to sleep it off again. (Also, I forgot to take Omeprazole which is a pre-meal medication that helps protect the stomach lining.)

Here comes the next day, and another problem arises – washing my hair. My hair at the back was coated with dried blood, so it looked like hairspray. Except that it wasn’t gorgeous and sleek.

The initial plan was to have my mom help me wash it. But in the end, I decided to sit down on a plastic stool and wash it on my own. Thank goodness, I did a good job considering the fact that I did not get any water in my ear!

All washed up, I felt better about myself. Like at least I could still do something successfully.

But then my mother told me that my doctor called and told her that I shouldn’t go outdoors for the next two weeks, and I definitely am not allowed to dance for the next two weeks at least.

I was totally bummed.

I have to celebrate my best friend’s birthday, I have to choreograph for CCA fiesta and I have to do so many things. But because of this, I can’t do them.

But I figured that this was the “when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade” kind of moment.

I could still do it, just in a different method?

Right now, I am just trying to not sing, yawn, eat hard food or touch my ear HAHA.

Till next time my friends! 😀

Warmest hugs,

e.clair ♥


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s